Sunday, January 16, 2011

Le Paris Creperie - Austin, TX

Crepes.

For many years crepes were a weekly event.  A relaxing walk through the city to the local crepe shop for a slow, savory crepe and mimosa brunch. Reading the paper, enjoying the company, the neighborhood and the light, sweet, savory taste of a crepe.  Then celiac. Boo!  Omelets, eggs, oh, and more omelets.  Well, NO MORE!!!  Enter from stage left... Le Paris Creperie.



Hidden in a little trailer park on South 1st is my return the the world of crepes.  Savory crepes, sweet crepes, Gluten Free crepes!!

My first trip was in a moment of pre-work night shift hunger.  Since I needed a dinner-like protein filled meal to get through the night I tried the Chicken Pesto crepe, large.  Lesson learned.  A large is definitely big enough to share.  But good, really good.


Now, I was really hungry.  Anything would have been good at that point.  It needed a repeat testing for sure!

So, second try.  (A scientist must be able to replicate the results or any experiment for validity.)

This time I brought a gluten eater with me for some comparative taste testing.  We each got a small savory crepe and shared a gluten free dessert crepe.  It was real, it really was good.  My second crepe was Chicken Florentine.  Swiss cheese and spinach goodness wrapped in a golden, buttery envelope of yum.  My gluten consuming friend agreed. (she tried all)  She said she could definitely taste the difference but is was still quality stuff.  For the sweet stuff we stayed with traditional butter, sugar and lemon.  It was sweet, sweet heaven.



Who would have thought I would ever go out for crepes again.  We are really making this living GF this do-able.  Yeah us! Yeah Le Paris Creperie!

No comments:

Post a Comment