Saturday, November 6, 2010

Berkeley, California

Tonight I am back in the Bay Area, one of my favorite places on earth.  I meat some friends from PA school at a central meeting point in Berkeley for dinner.  We went to a swanky farm to table restaurant just near the university.  Gather  is gluten free and vegan friendly as well as delicious.




 Unfortunately, I was too busy catching up with my old friends to take any pictures.  Check out the web site for some beauties.  The menu is not all gluten free but everything GF was labeled.  There were at least 2 dishes in each category that were gluten free, including dessert.  All of the specials were gluten free as well.  Also, the waiter was knowledgeable regarding the GF diet.  It was nice to not have to go through the whole celiac schpeal.

They had two dishes made from a wild boar bred with regular hog from a local farm.  I had a chop from that animal.  Super good!

No comments:

Post a Comment