Friday, November 5, 2010

Bethel, Maine

We went to the beautiful town of Bethel for a Gould Academy reunion.  What a perfect time of year to go. All the leaves were turning brilliant autumn colors and the weather was fresh and crisp.  I was very concerned about this part of the trip.  Bethel is a very small town.  We stayed at a condo at the Bethel Inn Resort.  It had a full kitchen.  It worked out beautifully.  I brought my bag of groceries from Whole Foods with me.  I really worked out.  We even had a fabulous late night dinner of french toast one evening.  it was actually a great time.

We had lunch at the inn tavern one day.  There was definitely not a gluten free menu and the staff wasn't very informed but they were very helpful.  It limited my choices but they were very careful and provided me with a flavorful bowl of chili.  Satisfying!

I was surprised to find a pizza place in town with gluten free pizza AND beer.  In Bethel!  I can never pass up the pizza.  We gave it a try the very first opportunity.


    

This was fun.  There were gluten free signs everywhere.  This was good for such a remote place.  The crust was starchy.  It seemed to be made of all white starch ingredients but it was not bad overall.  It certainly didn't prevent me from eating  the entire pizza.

Kudos Bethel!

No comments:

Post a Comment