Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Olivia - Austin



I have had the pleasure of going to Olivia twice recently, once for brunch and once for dinner.  It wasn't my first time.  I always enjoy going to Olivia for any meal.  Quite pricey but great food.  They always have local, fresh food assembled in both beautiful and interesting ways.  The meal below is from the brunch menu.  It is the caffeinated cochon benedict with fried pork jowl, coffee mushroom soil, pea tendrils, turnips, poached farm eggs and espresso hollandaise.


Unfortunately, it was too dark during our outside dinner to get any decent pictures with my old fashioned iPhone.  I can say with confidence that every scallop I have ever had there is perfection.
There is not a dedicated gluten free menu but the servers are knowledgeable about gluten.  My last dinner the server even warned me against ordering the quinoa because it had farro cooked in it.  Despite the beautiful visions of the chef, he is always willing to change his dishes to be gluten safe.  The fresh ingredients make it easy to change thing in the kitchen.
I can't speak to the the safety of the entire dessert menu.  This is mostly because I can't get past the first item, the duck egg creme brulee.  It is so creamy and yummy and creamy.  Did I mention creamy?  It is a must try!

No comments:

Post a Comment